- Stand up paddle board race in Atlanta last weekend! 6th place.... but my mom was 7th :) It was so much fun! Got a medal! Then again so did everyone. Too bad I can't train in Athens... my mom will definitely beat me at the next one!
- Matt from the Vampire Diaries is such a sweet guy! (He races too :)
- Bought my first lottery ticket yesterday! GUESS WHAT! I didn't win.... but I sure had fun scratching off those numbers!
- A sneak peak at what my summer was like 5. Walk Off the Earth is an amazing band! Check out this song! summmer vibes6. Oh yeah, the trip to our Island in the Keys was fantastic as always! Can't wait to go back come Thanksgiving!
7. Going to miss my babies!!! Their grandparents will be watching them :)8. Sooo I love melons and I love cereal. Soooo I ate my melon, then I used it as a bowl for my cereal. It was pretty cool, just felt like sharing that9. Sewed some toys for my manager's kids as a going away present! It gave me an excuse to make more stuffed animals!
10. LOVED DESPICABLE ME 2!!! Also saw Monsters University with Randal and my mom :D11. Another great moment this summer was on my birthday my family took me to Edgar's Grill. The chef made me a special vegetarian entrée! (nothing was vegetarian!) Delicious vegetable pie thing! AND BANANA BREAD PUDDING WITH ICECREAM ON FIRE for dessert! Yes it was on fire. I let it burn a little too long... a tad burnt bread... worth it!12. So wish me luck in college :) I'm going to miss my parents so much! Luckily my brother is already in Athens!
Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Well it has been one great and busy summer. As we all know all good things must come to an end. But now its time for some new great things! GOING TO COLLEGE TOMORROW! Becoming a Georgia Bulldog :)
Monday, May 27, 2013
1. Well I am a High School Graduate now :)
5. Researching good eating places in Athens. Found a bakery with these babies. YES.
2. Honestly was a bit disappointed in the first new episode of Arrested Development. George Michael has changed :(
At least we had good ol' Bluth Frozen Bananas
3. I never buy books when I go to Barnes and Noble.. I mean it's pretty expensive.... but I could not resist the instant gratification of owning The Art of Silliness. Its so great! So inspiring!
4. Made some Double Chocolate Blueberry Muffins found here!!!! I changed it a bit using unsweetened chocolate almond milk for the milk and stevia baking blend for the sugar and coconut oil for the butter. Seriously one of the best muffins ever. BEST TEXTURE. sooo cakey :) (BTW all her muffin recipes are excellent!)
6. I also will be eating at the Grit a lot. It's an all vegetarian restauraunt. Gosh Athens is cool. I found the recipe for the "Golden Bowl" ( a star dish) in a magazine. Tofu and vegetables on rice. It was pretty good, but I wonder how it compares to the real deal..
7. Bought these pillow cases from ModCloth
8. Loved that dog so much that I had to make him into a stuffed animal to go with the pillow cases
9. Oh yeah, here is the cake I made my mom for Mother's Day! Not exactly what it was supposed to look like...then again I did use a bunt pan instead of an angel food cake pan.. I thought it was the same thing... but you just can't go wrong with angel food + cream + berries
10. Just discovered unsweetened almond-coconut milk. New love. You must try it with Marshmallow Mateys (also first experience with). It was like a mini morning vacation to the islands. Tropical coconut flavor with sweet sea creatures :) gaaaah it was awesome, a real magical combination
11. I would also like to give a shout out to my other new favorite breakfast! This Banana Cream Pie Overnight Oatmeal from the Oatmeal Artist. She really is an artist. SOOOOO YUMILICIOUS. These overnight oats are actually really fun to make.. <3 Mason Jars
Friday, May 10, 2013
- Pleasantly consumed a BIG yeast donut from Fresh Market with a cup of coffee
2. These adorable doodles have inspired my own doodles... which come in handy at the end of a school year when one is forced to watch movies for hours and hours
3. Anyone in the mood for sewing some dolls? Really cool ones here
4. GAH! EDYS TAKE THE CAKE IS BACK! Still have yet to find it in stores though... The salted caramel pretzel looks amazing toooo!! Summer is here, ready for some goood ice cream
5. Loving Spin Class! Became a beast.
6. Vampire Diaries Season finale next week :O
7. Made this creamy Alfredo sauce out of cauliflower. Mixed it into quinoa with garlic, sautéed mushrooms, and broccoli!
8. Who wants this doggy? She has a beautiful black and tan sister (also with a blue eye). Found them prancing around my neighborhood, but now they are at the shelter and NEED a home! Sweetest dogs ever! Let me know!
9. Anyone here a TROLL BEADS fan? Me and my mom sure are. They are a much more beautiful pandora brand, all handmade! One of the artists visited our store and made us our own unique bead! SO COOL!
10. Made this beet pesto for dinner tonight! Used some fresh locally grown beets :)
|The handling of the beets was a bit messy :)|
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
- So I have only collected one thing in my life. And it was McDonald's THE DOG plush key chains. LOVE THEM! It took me a while, but after years of trading and donations from nice friends, and eventually ebay purchases, I GOT THEM ALL. so anyway, I started discovering new ways to show them off :D
2. Prom was pretty fun! But the Midnight bowling in our dresses was the best!3. I made these Honey Cornbread Donuts! So tasty and good for you!PERFECT FOR DUNKIN IN SOME COFFEE4. Poetry reading circles outside in lovely spring weather evening are quite relaxing. You should try it.5. Made some delicious peanut butter noodles from oh my veggies :)
I used these Mung Bean Noodles from Earth Fare.
20 grams of protein woot woot7.) Matt in the Vampire Diaries is a paddle boarding friend of my dads. Just felt like saying.8.) Grilled Banana Bread Peanut Butter Smores..... thats a lot of goodness in one thing9.) Here is a nice article about balance in life10.) Fantastic Mr. Fox is a really cool movie...very artsy and quirky too :)